Health & Safety Policy
Houselogic is firmly committed to promoting and achieving high standards of safety, health and welfare on all of their sites and premises, and in all of their undertakings. They will ensure compliance with all relevant legal obligations in respect of health and safety at work legislation and work to create a safety culture at all levels within Houselogic. The Directors are responsible for all health and safety and all employees have a legal duty to co-operate in order to enable the company to comply with its legal duties on Health and Safety.
- Houselogic’s objective is to plan and control and monitor activities in such a manner so as not to harm anyone, whether directly or indirectly employed, visitors or members of the public.
- Adequate resources will be made available for the planning, provision and maintenance of safe working conditions and a safe system of work.
- Managers and supervisory staff who are given specific duties for controlling work, preparing risk assessments, safety plans etc., are given appropriate advice and training to successfully undertake these tasks. Instruction is given and guidance and information is circulated appropriate to work activities to supplement this policy.
- Health and Safety are regarded as responsibilities of equal importance to matters such as production and quality for all line managers when planning, preparing and undertaking work. The correction of any breach of statutory provision on health and safety will take priority. Should appropriate action not be taken to meet the required standards, this will be taken seriously and may lead to disciplinary action with the organisation, team or individual concerned.
- Staff are encouraged to discuss safety, health and welfare matters with their managers, and company health and safety coaches who will offer or obtain further expert advice, where necessary. All staff are encouraged and expected to co-operate, contribute good ideas and improvements, report defects and short falls, and act responsibly. Participation and consultation are vital aspects of this Policy.
- This Policy Statement will be displayed prominently at all sites and workplaces and will be kept under review to ensure its continuing relevance.
- “Organisation for Safety, Health and Environmental Management”- individual responsibilities and “Arrangements for Safety, Health and the Environment”- risk control, are business specific documents which amplify this Safety Policy. These are circulated within premises and are available for use and reference.
- Houselogic recognise and value the importance of an excellent safety record and positive safety culture and require all employees, sub-contractors, consultants, suppliers and visitors to play an active part in maintaining this performance by compliance with their legal obligations and this Safety Policy.
Houselogic has a comprehensive Health & Safety Policy, which is available on request only.